Student membership with NABCRMP provides the resources you need to differentiate yourself, and position yourself, as a strong candidate to potential employers.
A candidate for membership must be a full-time student and be enrolled within a major associated with risk management (banking, business, management, administration, finance, economics, or accounting).
By joining NABCRMP as a student member, you can fully enjoy all the benefits of membership, which include:
1. Build your network and find a mentor by attending meetings and social networking events and getting face time with risk management professionals of all levels. Words of praise from established industry professionals can speak volumes to potential employers.
2. Get practical experience through risk management internship opportunities. An understanding of an industry in the real world goes beyond classroom training and can better prepare you for working in the industry after graduation. With student membership, you'll periodically receive a listing of risk management internship opportunities as they arise. The experience you can gain as an intern can help you better understand what a career in banking is like.
3. Strengthen your resume by including your NABCRMP membership and your active participation. Doing so makes you more attractive to employers and illustrates your real-world experience.
4. Apply for a NABCRMP scholarship to assist with your educational endeavors. NABCRMP offers scholarships to students who are interested in working in compliance and risk management fields after graduation. As a student member, you'll receive opportunities to apply for these scholarships during the application period.
5. Learn about the day-to-day challenges and opportunities NABCRMP Professional Members face through the NABCRMP Discussion forum, an exclusive online community where members can engage in real-time discussions and share information. You can also post your own questions to get information you need for school assignments.
The NABCRMP Diversity Summer 2021 Internship Program
The NABCRMP Diversity Summer Internship Program is a summer internship program for students from
underrepresented backgrounds currently enrolled as a junior, senior or graduate student
pursuing a four-year degree at a historically black college or university. The
NABCRMP Diversity Summer Internship Program is designed to expose students to a wide range of
career options in the compliance, ethics, and risk management sector.
This summer internship is partly funded by a generous gift from A-LIGN, who is a staunch supporter
of increasing diversity in compliance, ethics, and risk management. Recipients of this internship
will gain experience in the day-to-day operations of a national, non-profit membership
organization devoted to providing high-quality programs and member services.
The summer internship is a full-time position (40 hours per week) for eight weeks during the
summer. Interns will receive a $3,500 stipend. Interns will assist with the following special
events and program areas:
▪ NABCRMP Annual Summit Event
▪ Webinars/Continuing Education Programs and Social Events
▪ Development of Article/Blog/Social Media Content
▪ Communications/Graphic Design
▪ Membership Services and Development
Undergraduate and graduate students must be currently enrolled and meet the following requirements:
▪ Enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at an HBCU majoring in
Accounting, Law, Business, Finance, or Information Systems, with coursework in accounting, data
analytics, economics, computer programming or other business centric curriculum;
▪ Dedication to building a career in the field of compliance, ethics, and/or risk
▪ Strong written and verbal communication skills;
▪ Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions;
▪ Ability to multi-task is essential;
▪ Strong academic aptitude and well-developed analytical problem-solving skills
▪ Demonstrated success in completing team projects and working in a team
▪ Demonstrates personal accountability and urgency in completing assignments and
How to apply:
Students must submit these materials:
▪ Cover letter / Letter of interest describing your career goals and how this
internship would further those;
▪ Transcript (unofficial copy is acceptable);
▪ Two (2) References;
Completed application materials must be received by May 21st. All candidates will
be notified in writing whether they have or have not received an internship.
Interested candidates should email their application materials to email@example.com.
REGISTRATION IS NOW LIVE for the 2021 NABCRMP Virtual Summit! Join us from the 6-8th of October 2021 for a unique, inspiring, and intensive environment for education, training, collaboration, and dialogue. To register, visit: https://nabcrmp.vfairs.com/