Student membership with NABCRMP provides the resources you need to differentiate yourself, and position yourself, as a strong candidate to potential employers.
A candidate for membership must be a full-time student and be enrolled within a major associated with risk management or compliance (e.g., banking, business, management, administration, finance, economics, or accounting), or demonstrates strong interest in a career in compliance, risk management or corporate governance.
By joining NABCRMP as a student member, you can fully enjoy all the benefits of membership, which include:
1. Building your network and finding a mentor by attending meetings and social networking events and getting face time with risk management professionals of all levels. Words of praise from established industry professionals can speak volumes to potential employers. Register to apply for NABCRMP's Coachloop Mentoring Program.
2. Get practical experience through risk management internship opportunities. An understanding of an industry in the real world goes beyond classroom training and can better prepare you for working in the industry after graduation. With student membership, you'll periodically receive a listing of risk management internship opportunities as they arise. The experience you can gain as an intern can help you better understand what a career in risk management and compliance is like.
3. Strengthen your resume by including your NABCRMP membership and your active participation. Doing so makes you more attractive to employers and illustrates your real-world experience.
4. Apply for a NABCRMP scholarship to assist with your educational endeavors. NABCRMP offers scholarships to students who are interested in working in compliance and risk management fields after graduation. As a student member, you'll receive opportunities to apply for these scholarships during the application period.
5. Learn about the day-to-day challenges and opportunities NABCRMP Professional Members face through the NABCRMP Workgroups and Committees, an exclusive online community where members can engage in real-time discussions and share information. You can also post your own questions to get information you need for school assignments.
1. Texas A&M University School of Law: http://law.tamu.edu/distance-education/risk-management
2. Fordham University the School of Law: MSL in Compliance | Fordham
3. Liberty University School of Law: Juris Master in Compliance (J.M.) - Liberty University Online
4. Florida State University College of Law: Financial Regulation and Compliance | College of Law (fsu.edu)
5. Albany Law School: Online Programs in Financial Compliance and Risk Management | Albany Law School
6. American University Washington College of Law: Corporate Compliance, Governance & Ethics - American University Washington College of Law
7. Loyola University School of Law: Compliance Studies: School of Law: Loyola University Chicago (luc.edu)
8. Thomas Jefferson School of Law: TJSL Graduate Programs | Masters Degrees
9. New England Law Boston: Law School Certificate Program in Compliance and Risk Management - NEL (nesl.edu)
10. Seattle University School of Law: Program Overview - Seattle U School of Law
11. Drake University Law School: Compliance and Risk Management Program | Drake University
12. The University of Arizona College of Law: Compliance and Legal Risk Management Concentration | University of Arizona Law
13. Boston University School of Law: Enterprise Risk Management & Compliance | School of Law (bu.edu)
14. Case Western Reserve School of Law: Master or Certificates in Compliance and Risk Management Programs | School of Law | Case Western Reserve University
1. New York University: Compliance and Risk Management Program (nyu.edu)
3. Utica College: Online MS in Financial Crime & Compliance Management | Utica College
5. Boston University Metropolitan College: Master of Science in Enterprise Risk Management | BU MET
6. Cambridge College Cambridge College Global
7. Florida State University - Dr. William T. Hold/The National Alliance Program in Risk Management
Summer Law Student Internship Program
This program is available to 1Ls with limited spots available in New York and California. Students should check out the Visa Careers page for more information.
Visa’s Black Scholars and Job Program
Visa’s Black Scholars and Jobs program, which provides scholarships to college-bound high school seniors with guaranteed employment at Visa upon their graduation from college: https://www.tmcf.org/students-alumni/corp-scholar-programs/visa-black-scholars-jobs-program/
Please include #NABCRMP as your referral source.
About the Scholarship:
The National Association of Black Compliance and Risk Management Professionals (NABCRMP), in collaboration with the National Association of Safety Professionals, is proud to offer the NABCRMP Scholarship for Advancing Workplace Safety. This scholarship is dedicated to supporting aspiring safety professionals who identify racially as Black or African American.
Applicants are required to submit the following:
3. At least 1 (and up to 3 ) letters of recommendation.
How to Apply:
Applications will be carefully reviewed by the scholarship committee, and recipients will be selected based on their eligibility, the quality of their essay, and their potential to make a positive impact in the field of workplace safety. We will be announcing the selected scholarship recipient by the end of this year.
For any inquiries or assistance regarding the NABCRMP Scholarship for Advancing Workplace Safety, please contact us at email@example.com