Student membership with NABCRMP provides the resources you need to differentiate yourself, and position yourself, as a strong candidate to potential employers.
A candidate for membership must be a full-time student and be enrolled within a major associated with risk management or compliance (e.g., banking, business, management, administration, finance, economics, or accounting).
By joining NABCRMP as a student member, you can fully enjoy all the benefits of membership, which include:
1. Build your network and find a mentor by attending meetings and social networking events and getting face time with risk management professionals of all levels. Words of praise from established industry professionals can speak volumes to potential employers.
2. Get practical experience through risk management internship opportunities. An understanding of an industry in the real world goes beyond classroom training and can better prepare you for working in the industry after graduation. With student membership, you'll periodically receive a listing of risk management internship opportunities as they arise. The experience you can gain as an intern can help you better understand what a career in risk management and compliance is like.
3. Strengthen your resume by including your NABCRMP membership and your active participation. Doing so makes you more attractive to employers and illustrates your real-world experience.
4. Apply for a NABCRMP scholarship to assist with your educational endeavors. NABCRMP offers scholarships to students who are interested in working in compliance and risk management fields after graduation. As a student member, you'll receive opportunities to apply for these scholarships during the application period.
5. Learn about the day-to-day challenges and opportunities NABCRMP Professional Members face through the NABCRMP Workgroups and Committees, an exclusive online community where members can engage in real-time discussions and share information. You can also post your own questions to get information you need for school assignments.
Diversity in Safety Scholarship: Deadline July 31, 2022
The NABCRMP Safety and Security Workgroup, in coordination with the National Safety Council (NSC), invites eligible students to apply for the 2022 Diversity in Safety Scholarship. The scholarship winner(s) will not only be recognized by the NSC, but also by NABCRMP at the 2022 Annual Summit. Applications will be accepted until July 31, 2022.
The National Safety Council envisions building a workforce of environment and occupational, safety and health professionals that represent all of the cultures and ethnicities represented in the workforce. To achieve this vision, the Diversity in Safety Scholarship from NSC helps support students from diverse backgrounds who are pursuing safety as a career. The Diversity in Safety Scholarship provides the winner a $5,000 tuition award, renewable up to four years.