1. Where are you currently located?
2. What is your job title?
Sr Info Sec Threat Hunting Specialist
3. Certifications held?
Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
4. What company do you currently work for?
5. Describe your current role and your career trajectory in risk & compliance?
I currently hold a senior level role in the discipline of Cyber Threat Intelligence which entails collecting, analyzing, processing, and synthesizing information to my organization making timely risk based decisions. I hope to transition into becoming a Lead IT Risk Analyst in the near future.
6. Do you have any habits or disciplines that you have developed that helps keep you motivated?
I dream big, and do the work knowing it will eventually work out in my favor. Small or mediocre dreams are not my thing because if you achieve them you will still feel unfulfilled, so always dream BIG!
7. What are you most proud of in your personal life and in your career?
In my personal life I am most proud of my almost 14 year marriage with my Wife and best friend. In my professional life I am most proud that two years ago I took a leap of faith and started a podcast that would change lives at least so I have been told, which is a great feeling. The podcast is called: "Blak Cyber" https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/blak-cyber/id1502104299
8. What is one quote that you live by?
"When I was pulled through the ranks and pinned as a 21 year old Sergeant in the US Army over 20 years ago I learned two things about myself. I could accomplish anything I put my mind to, and I would always pull others up if I was in a position to do so."